Tuesday 4 January 2011

Things that make me smile no.71

I have a friend who gets mildly frustrated when people tell her she has beautiful eyes, which they do a lot because she really does. But it's such an obvious comment that it begins to seem a little trite. Tell her she has great eyebrows on the other hand, and she'll melt. There's something quite nice about odd compliments, because they feel more true somehow. After all, 'You have great eyebrows' would be a pretty lame line to butter someone up with.

Today I was told I have lovely calf muscles. Slightly unusual, yes, but no less pleasing for it. And while I did my usual ungracious mumble of 'Oh, it must be from hauling my bulk around for all these years' (I really should learn to take a compliment), I was actually rather chuffed!

3 comments: