Monday 17 January 2011

I hate public transport!

After last week's face punching debacle this is probably not a big deal, but I could have done without it all the same. Today the man sitting opposite me on the tube decided to tell me "You know.....you'd be quite pretty if you lost some weight". What makes people think it's acceptable to comment negatively on a complete stranger's physical appearance? At least it wasn't as bad as the time a man watched me do my make-up on the Northern line and then said "I don't know why you're bothering. You're fucking ugly anyway". There must be something about me that inspires meanness in the general public. I was pretty proud of myself for my self possession on this occasion though. Instead of gaping in disbelief as usual, or bursting into tears, my response was a scornful "How sweet. You wouldn't."

1 comment:

  1. What a horrible experience! But love your response :) x

    ReplyDelete