Wednesday 20 July 2011

Grrrrrrrrr

I'm feeling a little highly strung at the moment. Those who know me well have probably recognised the signs, and are currently placing bets on whether I will explode or implode. Honestly? It could go either way. Last night I saw that a particularly emotionally-manipulative Hollywood tearjerker was on iplayer, and cried just considering watching it. On the other hand, a man accidentally put his hand over mine on the handrail on the tube this morning, and I snatched it away with an expression worryingly akin to a snarl. Perhaps it would be safest to enforce a standard ten second delay between anyone saying anything to me and me being allowed to respond in any fashion. On the one hand, my blank, mute stare during the waiting period may lead people to believe I've donated a few dozen IQ points to the needy, but, on the other, it may save them from exposure to irrational temper and/or tears. Of course I may reach the conclusion, at the end of the ten seconds, that they genuinely do deserve the sharp edge of my tongue, but then that's nobody's fault but their own.

With any luck the house sale/flat purchase process which is causing all this will be completed soon, I can dispose of this permanent conviction that something will go wrong, and return to my usual state of near-sanity. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Aww...Meg,don't worry. Things hardly ever go wrong with house sales/purchases. Oh..wait..hang on a mo..

    ReplyDelete