Tuesday 6 April 2010

Idiocy

Last night on my way home I missed my stop on the bus. This is a journey I do almost every day, and I missed my stop. Not just a little bit either. I went so far in the wrong direction as to render it necessary to cross the road and get on another bus in order to get home. It wasn't as if I fell asleep or anything, I just wasn't paying attention. Apparently thinking through a presentation on the fantastic representation of unemployment and the benefit system in Alasdair Gray's Lanark is sufficiently enthralling to turn a simple journey home into a mission into the unknown.

1 comment:

  1. Hee heee! I've done that before... Walking(!) or driving my Car (when i lived in California). Walking beyond where you're meant to be going is particularly embarassing when it is home or your office!

    ReplyDelete