Saturday 23 October 2010

Morning has broken me

Today is the first Saturday in over a year when I haven't had to go to work. I sank into my bed last night with a smug little smile, as I flicked the switch on the alarm to 'Off', with a flourish.........

.........fast forward to this morning when, on the dot of 8:00, I sat bolt upright in my bed, convinced I was late for work, my body instantly flooded with so much adrenaline that my chances of getting back to sleep were rendered about as high as the survival prospects of a chocolate bunny at a weightwatchers meeting. It's vastly unfair. Is a Saturday lie-in really so much to ask for after a long week? Oh well. At least the early start gives me plenty of time to get my laundry done and my groceries purchased; that being my main aim for the day.
My goals are pretty humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment