Saturday 30 October 2010

Hold Please

I'm becoming quite the expert on the hold music genre. I fail to understand why anybody thinks it's a good idea to traumatise their callers with the dulcet tones of a blarting keyboard labouring away at Greensleeves, or the Moonlight Sonata as played on a child's toy xylophone. Worse still is the Americans, who insist on playing adverts to you while you wait. By the time I actually get to speak to a human being every nerve in my body is shrieking at me to hang up the phone. Perhaps that's the point? On the other hand, it can really brighten my mood if some company decides to play me a little Kings of Leon, as happened a couple of days ago. In reality I'm still sitting quietly at my desk, but in my head I'm having a little boogie. It's very cheering.

No comments:

Post a Comment