Saturday 18 January 2014

The results are in

You lot are weird, that's all I can say. Here, therefore, is the rather peculiar list of things you have selected for me to do this year:

Make a stop motion film with taxidermy animals - First step, get all my mutant ducklings back from my friend. Second step, hunt down that music from Benny Hill. Third step, find out how the hell to make a stop motion film.

Learn to pick locks - I have a vague memory of an email sent to me years ago which mentioned a place where it is possible to learn this. I am already following that lead, like a bassett hound.

Every morning look in the mirror and tell myself "Meg, you are beautiful. You have many people who love you, and I love you too" - Did it this morning. Felt like a dick.

Design and fabricate a piece of furniture - Maybe a footstool or pouffe of some description. That sounds easyish.

Make a great hat out of underpants - What is wrong with you people? Why would you do this to me?

Run through a field naked - Again, why would you do this to me? Have you seen me naked? That is not a body made for running without significant support. It has been pointed out that I will be at a wedding on a farm in the summer, so that will probably be the place where I end up giving myself two black eyes and twisting my ankle in a rabbit hole.

Go a week without wearing make up - This is actually the scariest one of all. Apart from at Burning Man and Nowhere, where I feel fairly secure, I haven't voluntarily left the house without make up since I was a young teenager.

Learn mindful meditation - I've been hearing a lot about this lately. A number of people (and not just woowoo hippies) have reported finding it very good for mental health problems, so I'll be interested to see how this goes.

Eat a food I’ve been afraid of trying - My immediate thought is soft shell crab. I'm always put off by foodstuffs which involve eating an animal's innards and bones - like whitebait - but soft shell crabs also look like deep fried spiders. Bleurgh! Anyone know where they do good ones in London?

Try a new cheese every week for the year - I'm going to need to find some little cheese shop somewhere. Am I limited only to cheeses I've never eaten before? Must seek clarification from the suggestor, but I'm looking forward to this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment