Wednesday 22 February 2012

Things that make me smile no.89

Today I am wearing tights in the brightest of possible bright pinks. As I walked to the station this morning, a man pushing a buggy drew level with me; the angelic-looking little girl in the buggy calling out a repetitive refrain along the lines of “See Daddy? Daddy look! Look Daddy!”. “Sorry” the man said “she likes your tights”. I thought this was pretty sweet, so I thanked her and blew her a kiss. As they pulled ahead of me up the length of the high street, she kept leaning out of the side of the buggy to grin back at me, blowing kisses at me all the way. I caught up with them on the platform, in time to end up on the same train and, as soon as she spotted me across the carriage, she bellowed out over the deafening commuter silence “Look Daddy, there’s my friend!”.

I like making friends.

1 comment: