Saturday 11 February 2012

Fewer things to do

Last year, when the year turned, I did an update on my bucket list. I forgot to do so this January, so here it is. My accomplishments from 2011......

32. Ask someone on a date - A massive achievement. Nothing much came of it, as there was never a second date, but still! Well done me for plucking up the courage to risk rejection.

33. Stop having to order enough takeaway that they won’t realize I’m eating alone - This was one of my most ridiculous foibles, and I'm glad to be rid of it. I mean really, why would any restaraunt or delivery driver care? So long as they get paid for the food, the sociability of the diner is utterly irrelevent.

62. Own a stuffed animal (taxidermy, not a teddy) - I never did show you a picture of Earl, did I?

He was a house-warming present when I moved into the Wonky Flat™, and is one of my all-time favourite possessions ever. It's clear that he's had a bit of a hard life, having lost an ear in some long-past battle (probably over a lady squirrel), so it makes me happy that he gets to spend the remainder of his days being cared for by someone who truly appreciates his charm.

I think that's it for the year! I'm working my way through, slowly but surely.

3 comments:

  1. Could you edit your list so that we can all see which ones you have already achieved?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Earl! Go Earl, go! (that's what I said when he was living temporarily in my flat before moving to his new home... There was that little problem of him creeping me out so much I couldn't take him out of his box) Go Earl! Go Earl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, how could he creep anyone out? He's a sweet ole thing!

    ReplyDelete