Monday 3 October 2011

O M G

Now, don't get me wrong, I am under no illusions that it is easy to raise a child. I am also well aware that I would be quite impressively bad at it myself; selflessness, patience and consistency not being my strong points. Besides, the only children I actually like are my nieces, and even they (preternaturally bright, funny and cute as they are) become less amusing after an extended period of time (actually maybe this is where the problem lies - I expect the children to amuse me, rather than the other way around).

Anyway, I digress. Yesterday I was forced to avert my eyes from one of the most stunning parenting car-crashes I've ever seen. A little girl of about five years old was sulking on a bench at the station and, to try and entertain her, her father pretended to trip and fall off the platform. Her response? "Oh for f**k's sake!". At this point I was already gaping in horror, trying not to stare, but it got worse. He then stuck his tongue out at her and said "You smell". Fair enough. I've heard my brother say as much to the girls. But they don't generally react by saying "Yeah well, you take it up the a**e, c**ksucker!". I managed to drag my eyes away from them to the mother, only to see her laughing away and filming it on her mobile phone. I'm now opening the book on bets on how long it takes this child to a) be taken into care and b) go to prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment