Tuesday 10 May 2011

Turned it down flat

I went to view a flat on Saturday. I could see from the photos that it wasn't finished and needed a bit of work but, as it was big and looked like a nice space, I thought it was worth taking a peek at. I was worried I was going to fall head over heels in love with it, but there was no danger of that! I could handle the fact that it had been used as a party pad. I wouldn't have minded painting over graffiti and suspicious stains, or living with the ghost of the overdosed druggie who died there (yes, really). The widespread damp problem was another matter entirely though, as was the nasal evidence of previous cat tenants. When all the furniture and carpets have been removed and you still need to stick a perfume bottle up your nose on leaving to remove the lingering stink of ammonia, it's tough to persuade yourself that you might want to go back.

Oh well, I satisifed my curiosity and have at least eliminated one flat from my hunt. Hopefully something more eligible will crop up soon. I'm hoping the latest offer we've accepted on the house will actually come to pass, and the sooner I'm able to move in somewhere new, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment