Saturday 17 July 2010

Honey, I'm home.

Well, I'm home. Did you miss me? I actually got back on Tuesday but, while I've got my internet working at home now, my laptop has decided to have a minor nervous breakdown, so I still don't have much opportunity for updating this. I'll write a few posts today so as not to get reported to blog social services for neglect.

The Nowhere Festival was, of course, absolutely magical. I'm not sure I'm capable of writing about it without sounding absurdly gushy and saccharine, so I'm going to keep it brief. I spent a wonderful week basking in the creativity and fun, and trying not to bask in the sun. It was insanely hot out there, which made for a quieter festival than in previous years. A lot of the things that were scheduled to happen in the day had to be put off or cancelled because everyone was otherwise engaged in minimal-exertion, maximum-cold beer activities. It was still really nice to spend that quiet time in camp with friends though. Night times were as lively as ever, with dancing, cabarets, fire shows and all things nice. I came home filthy, exhausted, mosquito-bitten and a million times happier than I was when I left. I feel far better equipped to deal with the real world now that I've recharged somewhat.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You're back! I *was* about to report you too!

    ReplyDelete