Tuesday 27 July 2010

Every little helps - to piss me off even more!

  1. I order a Tesco grocery delivery for Sunday.
  2. It doesn't show up.
  3. I ring Tesco, who tell me there's a problem in-store and my groceries can't be delivered today. We re-arrange for Monday.
  4. I try to go online to remove from the order the items I needed for that day. My order status is 'delivered'. I can't make any changes.
  5. I call them to ask about this. It emerges that they haven't duplicated my order, they've duplicated the last order my brother made from his account. They rectify this and I make my order changes.
  6. Near the end of the delivery slot on Monday I get a call to say the van's broken down. My delivery will be late. I'm given a new time slot.
  7. The new time slot comes and goes. No shopping.
  8. I call them again. They haven't managed to get the van working. My groceries won't be delivered today either. I grit my teeth and re-arrange the delivery for Tuesday.
  9. On Tuesday my order arrives in a prompt and timely manner.
  10. I get my regular mini bank statement by text. Tesco have over-charged me by about £25. I call them again to complain about this and am told someone will get back to me.
  11. It's now two hours later and I'm still waiting for that phone call...
This spectacular display of incompetence is brought to you by Tesco. Their solution to the problem is to give me more vouchers to use on my next order each time something goes wrong. At this rate my next order will be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment