Thursday 18 November 2010

My new area of expertise

When the girls have their milk before bedtime, they get to watch TV. If I happen to have possession of the remote control at this time, I confess to being more inclined to pick out something I like than something they do. At the moment I'm quite keen on Billy - a monotone-voiced, animated Northern kid with a propensity for daydreaming - but try to avoid Peppa Pig where possible, as it bothers me that the pigs' heads look like hairdryers. Dora the Explorer is so unbearably repetitious that I want to cram a stuffed giraffe into each of my ears just to make it go away, but I would watch her anyway, if it kept me from having to go anyway near In the Night Garden; a program so creepy that it has actually been known to give me nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment