Sunday 29 December 2013

Hey sexy!

Why are you saying that to me?
"It's a compliment".
No, it's not. Maybe if I were at a party, dressed up, with a drink in my hand, I might be able to understand your logic in thinking that, although I still wouldn't agree with you. Right now, at three in the morning, when I'm walking home alone, those words are not a compliment and you know it. Those words are you trying to assert power over me. Because you know full well that as soon as you speak to me you have my attention, even if I appear to be ignoring you. And you know that as soon as you bring 'sexy' into the equation, you force me to start making assessments. If I respond will he think I'm encouraging him? If I don't will he follow me? Can I fight him if I need to? Will anybody hear me if I scream?

If you don't know that's what you're doing, then you're a fool. But then you are a fool, aren't you? You're either deliberately trying to intimidate women, or you honestly believe that someday one of them will see you walking down the road, hear your bellowed "hey sexy", and think, yeah, that's the man I've been looking for. Let me hop right on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment