Tuesday 22 January 2013

Happy 2013

A little late, I know. Most of you will be aware that I'm neglecting you now, not because of another fit of the depression that hit me earlier this year, but because I am working on a novel. This basically means that any time or inclination I have to write is being channelled in that direction. Today, however, I have been struck down by the dreaded norovirus, and am therefore at home on my own; pain-ridden and (let's face it) pretty damn disgusting. I don't have either the brain power or the time between bouts of vomiting to get into the book writing, but seem to be managing to blog in the short spells available to me. You'll have to forgive me any lapses in spelling or style. I'm not really with it, but I thought I should at least do my yearly round-up of achievements from my bucket list before it gets so late in the year as to be pointless.

So here goes!

26. Smash a plate on purpose
I'd envisioned this as a Greek taverna event, or even just a cheeky lob for the fun of it. In actuality it was done in a fit of temper, and I didn't even realise until I scanned the list a few minutes ago that I had inadvertently ticked something off. Let's gloss over the details. It wasn't my finest moment.

46. Give a dinner party
My flatmate and I planned a Christmas dinner a few weeks before the event, for a couple of handfuls of friends. Unfortunately, she missed her flight home, was delayed by several hours and I ended up cleaning the flat and cooking Xmas dinner with all the trimmings for nine people, entirely solo. Were I less inept, this might not have been a problem, but I somehow managed to mildly electrocute myself and start a small tea-towel-based fire during the process. The food was a triumph though, and I got to delegate the washing up to D under the category of penance, so every cloud......

53. Have afternoon tea at the Ritz
Not the Ritz, in fact, but at Brown's Hotel, which is generally considered to be better. My mother took me out as my birthday treat, and it was perfectly relaxed and lovely.

Three down. That's not too bad. I am running out of 'easy' ones, but hopefully it'll still be a few years before I have to start putting in a concerted effort.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and expel the sip of gatorade I just managed to drink. Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment