Thursday 15 December 2011

Things that make me smile no.88

I've finally finished my Christmas shopping, and I've done it without a single "That'll do". You know, the feeling when you're shopping for someone, and you don't know what to get them, so you just grab something impersonal and pointless and say "That'll do"? I can't stand that feeling. I would rather buy someone a present in July for no reason other than that I saw it and knew they would love it, than know that I absolutely must buy them something in December and end up giving them something they don't want. Naturally there remains the possibility that my friends and family will still hate everything I'm giving them this year, but at least I know that I've tried, even if I've got it wrong.

Also my manager gave me a chocolate selection box today. I haven't had one of these since I was a child, and it has given me my first little twinge of festive feeling this year. Who wouldn't smile at that?

No comments:

Post a Comment