Friday 5 August 2011

Well that's new

Apparently I can add packing to the list of things which make me hyperventilate. It happened a few weeks ago when I was preparing for my exciting 'business trip', but I put it down to some sort of unknown work-based scenario induced panic. But no. I packed for a weekend in Amsterdam last night (which, for the record, I was and am looking forward to immensely), and found my throat trying to close up and my head swimming as I filled my case. This is not good. Frankly, I could do without adding any more mundane tasks to my panic list*.

 
Why can my body not understand that these things are not actually scary? I am not stranded a mile out to sea. I am not being chased by an irate bear. I do not need all this adrenaline to flood my system and trigger a panic attack. It is not productive.

 
 
*List includes but is not limited to such terrifying things as:
Filling in forms
Making a journey by a previously un-tested route
Opening my post

1 comment:

  1. Sounds odd but have you worked out if you hold your breath at all while doing these things? I nearly passed out answering a phone at work once, only to realise I'd been holding my breath for fear of heavy breathing on the line! Just a thought x

    ReplyDelete