Tuesday 31 August 2010

Tenterhooks

Every week I apply for a whole sheaf of jobs. I've yet to get an interview for any of them, which is irritating since I really need a job, but not catastrophic as I don't actually care for the jobs themselves. Today, however, is the closing date for one that I applied for a couple of weeks ago, and which I really want. Really really want. See those italics? That's how much I want this job. I'd underline it too, but it's possible to go too far with these things. I'm now just playing a waiting game and doing pointless maths in my head. Say it takes them a day to go through all the applications and discount all the duds...another day to go through all the possibles and make a shortlist...that's Thursday afternoon...but they'd probably leave it till Friday to make the calls...or would they just wait until Monday? I'm driving myself a bit loopy basically. And while time seems to be stretching itself out like a rubber band where this is concerned, it's just pinged itself back with a snap in another area of my life. I suddenly remembered last night that I'm supposed to have my book down by tonight for the play I'm rehearsing, and I haven't even started learning my lines yet. Oops. I can learn an entire play in a day, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment